Friday, March 18, 2011

Annoying Orange

Last summer, I moved in with some friends of mine, Mikki and Dale, who had a 3 year old son.  One morning, not long after I'd moved in, he asked Mikki to put Annoying Orange videos on the computer, and he plopped down in the chair to wait for her to do so.  I asked her what that was, and she answered with raised eyebrows, "You haven't heard of Annoying Orange?  Oh, you're in for a treat."  She had this strange little smile on her face, which made all the little red flags inside me go up.

Yeah...

I spent the next five months getting to know Annoying Orange very well.  I've probably either seen or heard every single episode that was ever made.  My friend's son has watched them all, over and over and...

Well, when I moved back here I just had to share Annoying Orange with my daughter, Meagan, because I'm a glutton for punishment I guess.  I was sharing with her all the happenings of the friends I'd lived with, and when I got to the 3 year old, and what his little life is like, I mentioned Annoying Orange.  She was like me, and asked what that was... Now that I think about it, I probably had the same strange little smile on my face as my friend did as I brought Annoying Orange up on the computer for my daughter to see.  There is something evil in us, my friend :).

Honestly, I didn't know Meagan would take to him the way she did.  I wouldn't have showed her otherwise...really, I wouldn't have.  My little wicked streak has come around to bite me on the ass.  She loved him, and began watching all the episodes in her spare time.  Every time we had a conversation she'd say to me, "Hey Apple!  Hey, hey Apple!"  Frequently, she'd come in and ask me if I saw a particular episode, and want to share it with me even if I told her I'd already seen it, and ALL of them.  She wanted to share her joy, and like a good mother, I'd heave a big sigh, and placate my little darling.  >.<   Understand something....my daughter is an adult now...

One night, my daughter and her husband invited a friend over to play Mexican Train.  (Dominoes).  My daughter couldn't resist sharing Annoying Orange with her friend.  The game was put on hold for a time while we all were made to suffer through several episodes of the orange guy.  Okay...I suffered.  Everyone else in the room thought it was the best thing ever.  My daughter also shared him with all her other friends, who a couple of them just happen to be on my Facebook...

I opened Facebook this morning and the first thing I see on my wall is one of Meagan's friends had posted a video of ...yep, you guessed it, Annoying Orange.  I gave an evil squint at it, and clicked over to my friend Mikki's wall and left her a nice little message...

"It's all your fault. I opened FB and the first thing I see is one of Meagan's friends posted Annoying Orange, which Meagan introduced her friend to one night while she was over here, which I introduced Meagan to because you introduced me to him...yeah, he's a virus now, and I'm blaming you! Lmao!"

That should fix her...along with this blog, which I know she'll read, and she'll have the annoying orange guy to start her day off as well...coming back to bite her in the ass.  We reap what we sow.  Muhahahaha!  It's all about sharsies.  I love you, my friend.  Really.  (smiles sweetly)

I also decided to share the wealth of Annoying Orange with you, my readers, because I'm all about sharing :).  When I get letters from my daughter, (she's in Navy Bootcamp atm), she just has to say in them somewhere, "Hey Apple!", with a "bahahahaha!," following it up.  My daughter is a brat.

So have a good day, y'all, and if someone happens to annoy you today, now you can arm yourself with, "Hey Apple!"  That should shut them up.

Spread the wealth.  (bahahaha!)

No comments: