Friday, October 7, 2011

The Eye Of The Storm

You appeared out of nowhere
a surprise gift from God
in a time when chaos reigned

You didn't know me
still don't know
perhaps never considered
the great prayer uttered
from my heart long ago

For I saw they didn't know
what they had done
or had made, in their carelessness
My heart grieved
over the arrogance
of every unloving act
and what it created

I saw the typhoon
well off in the distance
dreamed of it's coming
could only feel dread
A different spirit
inhabited this storm

I tried to tell them
begged them to turn
around and see
but in their pride
blind, they refused

So I stood in the way
of the Accuser
I saw the return coming
from what they had given
knew the reaping
would destroy them
I knew what they'd done
and offered mercy, forgiveness
by taking on a portion
of their consequences

what was done
would be undone
what was made
would be unmade

I thought I was prepared
I wasn't, but God was
oh i of little faith
thought God had deserted me
when the winds of reaping
began their beating

He said, "Leave
your heart open.
Do not try to fill
the empty space."
I didn't understand,
but obeyed
the best I was able.

The sea, stirred
from the deep, rose
to meet the winds
of reaping
I stood between
the sea and wind,
emotion and mind,
trying to keep my heart
simple and true
defenseless

And just when I thought
I would be carried away
feeling my limbs torn asunder
the wind and sea whipping my skin
an eye in the storm appeared
providing a pocket of peace
a breath, a ray of warmth
a soft melody

When I wanted to blame them
agree with the Accuser
give up my post
it was your soft whisper
that sang me back
to center, to love

For God knew
when I could no longer
do it for them
I would do it for you
I would keep love going
for you

You appeared out of nowhere
a surprise gift from God
in a time when chaos reigned

I am planting here
for a time, my friend
my work is done
my spirit, a bit weary
The lush green
the simple turn of seasons
dragonflies, lightning bugs
fat breasted robins
simple work
replenish my soul
I'm allowing the earth
to swallow me
with her simplicity

And I think I'll write

fiction :)

-----

No comments: