Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Brief Intermission Because of My Internet Provider

I haven't forgotten that I wrote I'd be back with some commentary regarding what I learned from my encounter with Harry.  I had some internet issues yesterday, and the only thing I could open and use with any real success was my email.  Ntelos, the satellite internet provider I use, gave me a little warning the day I wrote my last post that I was close to using up my quota of internet for the month.  Not that I was done using it, but close to using it up, and they warned me that since I was close, my internet use would be slow from that point on.  How that could be is beyond me, and, as it is, I don't quite remember that being a part of the original contract.  It wasn't like purchasing so many minutes on my go phone that I can use in a month, and once I've reached my limit it's done.  There is no, "well, you're close to your minutes being done, so we'll only allow you to call intermittently.  No, it's pretty cut and dried.  Once you're done, you're done, and you have full access up to, and until you've used your max of minutes.  It's that simple.

So I thought maybe I can add money to my account, like with a go phone, buy more minutes, whatever, and that will fix the slow internet issue.  Apparently, not even that is allowed, and my payment won't take affect until my time for the month is up!  How that makes any sense, I haven't the slightest idea, but there you have it.

So my internet access is insanely slow at the moment.  I'll be back when Ntelos says I can have full access.  And hopefully, I'll be able to even post this little note on here!

---- 

No comments: