Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Carting Myself Across Country -- Brief Hiatus

Looky what I found while surfin' the web!  I LOVE this!  We're all so full of promise and potential :). Not quite sure who the author is, because while searching who wrote it, two different names came up, sooo...I'll just say the author is unknown by me.   

Creation 

God left the earth unfinished for
man to work his skill upon. He left the electricity 

still in the cloud, the
oil still in the earth. He left the rivers unbridged 

and the forests unfelled and the cities unbuilt. 
God gave
man the challenge of raw materials - not the 

ease of finished things. He
left the pictures unpainted and the music unsung 

and the problems unsolved, that man might 
know
the joys and glories of creation.


While I'm at it, and because I just saw a rainbow outside and was reminded of it...Here's another thing I found a few weeks back, and just loved :), 

"White is a rich color if you "unweave the rainbow."   John Stapleton, Scientist

There's an interesting story behind who Stapleton quoted.  Apparently, there has been a battle going on for ages between scientists and poets.  Who knew?  Brief Wiki here

Have a great week y'all.  I'll be back after I've moved and settled a bit into my new place of residence, hopefully with some stories to tell about my trip.  It's a two and half day drive, so I'm sure it'll be interesting.  I'll have my camera ready :).

----

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - hope all is fine with the move and you got some nice photos along the way :)
I really liked your findings, especially this Stapleton quote.